Supporting Our Work
Supporting our work in Hadrian’s Wall Country
Hadrian’s Wall ranks alongside the Pyramids in its international importance. It is also an iconic symbol of our country while remaining a special place for the people who live and work close to it.
Maintaining the archaeology, the National Trail and the landscape and coordinating the management of access, interpretation, transport and the environment all costs money though. We receive some funding from key partners but the rest of what we do here is down to the support of people and businesses within our region, and beyond, who share the same passion for Hadrian’s Wall Country.
Hadrian’s Wall Heritage is based in Hexham, at the heart of the World Heritage Site. The organisation was set up in 2006 to reverse a decline in the fortunes of the Roman Wall and has made huge strides in its ambitions which, through working with a variety of stakeholders, partners and the public, include:
• improving the infrastructure of the Wall and its interpretation and learning centres;
• showcasing the Wall as a global model of best practice in managing a World Heritage Site;
• educating, informing and inspiring people;
• advancing knowledge through innovative archaeological research of the Wall and its many still undiscovered sites;
• improving the environment of the Wall and the surrounding region thus improving opportunities for local communities;
• conserving, protecting and maintaining the Wall and its landscape for future generations;
• promoting environmental sustainability.
The following links highlight the variety of ways in which you can support our work: